Monday, August 31, 2009

Patting Myself on the Back

Okay really, this is a terribly inspired teaching mama moment!

Nature Girl writes while she plays but anything directed by me inspires a lot of anxiety. I really want her to do some reflective writing on the books she enjoys reading though. I suggested we try doing some fun book reports this year - arty ones - using the wonderful paper dolls and puppets she makes of book characters and she balked at the idea of any WRITING.

Then I thought, what about making a secret personal review bookmark to put in library books she loved but has to return? SHE WAS ALL OVER THE IDEA!

So on one side she'll do a picture from the book, and on the other side she'll do a review. We'll start a "Bookworm Club" blog and include the address on the bookmark and maybe some of the other readers will stop by and comment!

So, to start, all her writing will need to fit on a bookmark. I think we'll type them out! She is VERY EXCITED.

Stay tuned for the new blog!

2 comments:

red fraggle said...

It is a great idea! Emily and I both think that it will really catch on too and that other kids might try it too! I love the layout!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.