Sunday, April 5, 2009

I think I found a great solution to the audiobook issue!

I've set up an account for Naturegirl at Kids Audible.com. I'm going to get her an MP3 player and big headphones (that are safer for her hearing than ear buds) for her birthday.

Then, instead of Scholastic (which is NOT what it was when we were kids, it's now full of crappy toy mass marketing tie ins, and a battle every time the catalogues come home), I'll put her book allowance into audio books. People can also get her gift certificates.

It looks to be about half the price of buying cd's for large novels and there are a ton of less expensive books available too (all those classics that aren't under an author's copyright any more).

She can make a list of books she wants and organize it by priority too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://librivox.org/
Here is link to more audiobooks

Anonymous said...

http://readingwell.com/index.html
here you can listen to landmark books by audio.

You are doing great!

red fraggle said...

Can you let me know how to access her wish list? Thanks!