Monday, April 13, 2009

SUCCESS - We have the days of the week down!

It only took 13 days.

We made up a game of doing the sequence of days as a round, "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday STOP" then "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday STOP" through until we got to Saturday as the start day again.

We traced the words with our fingers each day too.

Today I took down the days of the week and shuffled them and asked her to turn over a card and put it in it's place (so she couldn't simply rely on putting them in order in her hand, she needed to read each card and actually understand where in the week on the calendar it belonged.) Friday went up , then Monday, then Sunday, then she paused holding Thursday and after about 4 seconds she put it up in the correct place and looked at me over her shoulder with a big smile. I gave her a big thumbs up then she quickly put up Saturday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I asked her how she had remembered where Thursday went and she said "I knew there were two T days and I knew the first T day had a u after the T So when I saw the H I knew this card was the second word and that meant it was Thursday and Thursday was right before Friday."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You have certainly been able to find some serious balance to your days.
I find it hard just to find my inner discipline to do something daily. You are an inspiration.