Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Natural Science Class meets the Nature Walk

A commenter on my family blog, Wild Culture, gave me a link to The Woodland Trust for printable activity booklets for nature walks. I made the kids Nature Bags and these are great additions!

The best one I've found so far is the Woodland Log which is a great starter for nature journalling.

The PLAY booklets give seasonally appropriate activities you can include on your walks (things like making storytelling devices, bringing home a fallen twig with leaf buds to put in water to watch it burst into leaf).

I've also printed up their weather diary and found a little weather station to put up in the backyard it has a thermometer, a wind gauge, and a rain gauge.

Slowly but surely we will get our outdoor classroom set up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some amazing resources!!!
I am already downloading and printing off some great pages to incorporate into up coming nature walks!!